Projects

Full Time Employer's Summer Site Re-Skin

Full Time Employer's Summer Site Re-Skin
Status:
Discontinued

My work:
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
  • jQuery
  • XML

A website re-skin done in conjunction with the launch of a summer marketing campaign. Most changes were able to be made by simply modifying CSS files--very few changes to markup were necessary. This design was given to me as a PSD.

Full Time Employer's Website Redesign

Full Time Employer's Website Redesign
Status:
Discontinued

My work:
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
  • YUI
  • PHP
  • Smarty
  • MySQL
  • XML

When I first started at this company, the existing website was less than ideal. It used tables for layout, and half the screen was a slow, clunky Flash object. I re-engineered the site to use a custom built modular layout system, which stored pages as XML files and injected content from them into the Smarty templating system. Interactive content was switched from one giant Flash canvas, to independent Javascript widgets and embedded Youtube videos. In the process, the old visual design was scrapped entirely, and replaced with a newer, much cleaner one that was given to me as a PSD.

Full Time Employer's Co-Branded Website

Full Time Employer's Co-Branded Website
Status:
Discontinued

My work:
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
  • jQuery
  • PHP
  • Smarty
  • XML

This website was for a co-branded project with another company. The design was given to me as a PSD, and I coded it. At first I was only responsible for markup and CSS, but I gradually became the official point of contact, across both companies, for all technology issues on the project. This project also required some refactoring of our existing database, which I made contributions to.

Stratemerge Website

Stratemerge Website
Status:
Discontinued

My work:
  • PHP
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • PyroCMS
  • JavaScript
  • MySQL

Before I started working on this website, the existing site was composed of static HTML pages. I redid the site to run on PyroCMS, so that changes could be made quickly and easily from an admin panel. Visitor tracking was added via Google Analytics. The look and feel of the site, as well as a new company logo, was designed by myself, and implemented through the use of a custom PyroCMS theme I developed for the site.